What better way to pass the summer than in the pure air of the Lady of Haute Savoie ? Numerous activities promise wonderful memories.
Just have a look at what you can do in Chatel, once you have unloaded your baggage at the foot of the mountains and the lakes.
FOR THE ADVENTUROUS
- Rock climbing: Chatel has three rock climbing sites, each different from the other, which offer a complete range of activities for all levels of ability.
- Via Ferrata: La Via Ferrata des Saix de Miolène (La Chapelle d'Abondance).The itinery follows very steep and high escarpments. A pretty passage through a succession of sinuous bends It includes three distinct sections: The cabri, the chamois and the bouquetin which can either be taken either separately one after another. Numerous athletic passages, more or less sustained in the three parts which have to be taken by the confirmed practitioners or others who are under supervision.
- Le fantasticable : Comfortably installed in a harness you will fly over the high mountain hamlet of Plaine Dranse at over 100km/hour at an altitude which can attain 240 metres
FOR THE SPORTY
- Mountain bikes: A ride on a mountain bike, either alone or with a guide, on the 90km of the well maintained and signposted routes of the resort, going through the 4 cross or the bike park of Pré-la-Joux, in Chatel that is something for all tastes and all levels of ability
- Cycling: The Savoie-Mont Blanc region proposes no less than 100 passes to climb as well as circuits which can be completed in 5, 7 or even 10 days
- Summer skiing: Bob-tobogganing, devil karting, roller skating or synthetic ice rink
- Getting back in shape: The fitness circuit of l'Alty is a circuit which takes 2h30 in the woods at the center of the forest alongside little streams in Vonnes
FOR THOSE WHO LIKE WALKING
The Chablais geopark has the glaciers and water as its theme.
- Hiking and walking paths: With over 90km of sign-posted paths that Chatel proposes, from just a one-hour stroll to a daylong hike; there is something for everyone. You can also opt for a group walk accompanied by trained guides. These professionals of the mountains offer a weekly selection of outings, ½ day, whole day or longer with overnight stops and dinner in the refuges or mountain chalets as well as trekking possibilities. Themed routes are there for you to discover the magnificent countryside whilst instructing you on themes such as fauna, flora and the mountain environment.
- Ski lifts: From the end of June to the end of September, alone or with the family, on foot or bike, the Chatel ski lifts enable you to reach in just a few minutes a multitude of wonderful panoramic spots, or you can set of from either Chatel or Les Portes du Soleil along well signposted routes.
FOR THE SMALL AND THE TALL
- Adventure trail: Death slide, monkey bridge.... Go from tree to tree with pleasure. 6 difficulty levels. 2years, 5 years and 4 courses for the over 1m35 and adults
- Around a ball +: Football, golf, mini-golf, bowling, tennis, archery and sarbacane
- Around water :
- The Forme d'O aquatic centre will be open from July 2014. It will house more than 4000m² of interior and exterior pools as well as a wellness center.
- Vonnes lake
- Children: play area, fun course, child-minding, animations